Tuesday, June 14, 2011

4 Weeks

Can't believe it has been 4 weeks since I posted.  Time really moves fast in the summer months especially with work at the park.  So very busy as so many people are doing the Stacations.

I have got to learn how to deal with emotional pain.  I had a bad emotional experience today and developed a terrible headache and now my neck and shoulders hurt due to the tense muscles.  Anger and emotional pain causes us to really tense up and then when you get older like me you will find that tense pain endures for much longer periods of time.

I know that when I face emotional pain like I did today that I need to STOP, LISTEN and SEEK GOD with all my being and turn it over to him.  But almost everytime it happens, I fail to do what I know I should do.  Instead my emotions take over and then I just sort of "lose it" or lose control might be a better choice of words.

When I am dealt emotional pain then I lash out verbally with words that I would normally NEVER use.  Matter of fact, some of the words I said today are actually words that I despise hearing people use.  All done in anger!!

Tomorrow, oh tomorrow....I have no idea what it will bring.  I need to clear my head of the trash it had in it today and replace it with God's sweet words.

No comments:

Post a Comment