Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Jumping the gun!


I really want to be just that....Joyful Always.  But WOW, I do often fail accomplishing that.  

Yesterday I promised a gentlemen that I would help him bid a job for the USACE.  He really caught me off guard as I was getting ready to leave to go to the post office, get gas, grocery shop at 2 different stores, when he ask for my help....get my drift?  I agreed because I really was in too big of a hurry to find out more details about what and where he would be bidding the job for.

Fast forward, I was regretting my hasty decision.  Ill with myself and the unknown person who told him I was an expert at bidding job.  I was not "being joyful" at all.  I had made a date of 2PM today to help him. I was dreading the approaching appointment when he arrived.   Funny, how we "anticipate" what will happen.  Turns out the gentlemen was very nice and really appreciated what help I could give him.   Although I was not familiar with the district he was making a bid for, just a little knowledgeable reading and I had it figured out. 

God wants us to slow down and help others, His word tells us that.   I was jumping the gun and almost lost my blessing from being able to help a fellowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment