Thursday, October 13, 2011

Major Changes in Life

George had his 2nd chemo already and is scheduled for the 3rd on the 17th of October.  We have moved from McKinney CG to our new location which is Upper Stamp Creek CG.

It is beautiful here at the new park and I am so looking forward to doing a lot of walking and exploring here.  Now, this park is truly on a mountain.  The last portion of the drive into the park is literally on the edge!! 

I love it because being up on the mountain like this makes me feel like I can just reach out and touch the face of God.  I realize that He is with me everywhere I am, but there is something that is so comforting about being in this location where I am right now.

This fast paced life we have been living for several months has really taken away from my time with God and that has left me totally frustrated.  I can not get enough of my Heavenly Father.  I crave the peace and comfort that I get when I spend time with Him.  I love to "be still and know He is God".  My refreshment and rejuvenation comes only when I bask in His presence.  I owe Him and myself a lot of "together" time. 

This campground is closed for the winter and that will really allow for more quiet times with God.  There is no campers coming in and out of the park as the entrance gate is locked.  So, no noisy vehicles, people or pets.  Just George and myself and another wonderful couple are the only residents.  Of course, we have plenty of critters living here as well, such as squirrels, wild turkeys, foxes, deer and all kinds of birds.

I thank God for all the blessings that He has abundantly heaped upon us.  He has made provisions where I could not even fathom provisions being made possible.  Our God is an AWESOME God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment