Thursday, July 14, 2011

Moving Mountains



I have read and studied the Bible for quite a number of years, however, I  recently had one of those "aha" moments when a light went off in my head.  YES, I GET IT!! 

In the Bible, God tells us that if we had faith that was strong enough that we could command a mountain to move and it WOULD MOVE......I have faith, I have strong faith but I just never saw a need to move a mountain, after all, where would I tell it to go?? 

I FINALLY got the point He was making, it is not a literal mountain that our faith could move, but, the mountains in our lives.  Just like the mountain that George and I found ourselves standing in front of lately.  That huge mountain of FEAR....guess what???  Our faith in our Lord and Savior along with our prayers and the many, many prayers of friends and family has literally moved that mountain from our lives.  Instead, in front of us now is a peaceful, green valley filled with wild flowers, birds, butterflies and a gentle clean stream.  We met God in that valley and He held us in His hands and gave us the assurance that if we leave that mountain with Him that He will be faithful to keep it out of our lives.  We gave it to Him and now we only face that beautiful garden of peace.

Thank you sweet Jesus for your blessed assurance that anything we might face in this health crisis won't be faced alone, but, we will face it with Your hand in ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment